Strengthened into the day
Almond porridge with berries (1 portion)
- Mix 70 g ground almonds and 1 tsp psyllium husks.
- Bring to the boil with 150 ml coconut milk.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla pulp and cinnamon.
- Simmer, stirring, until the desired porridge consistency is reached.
- Just before eating, mix in 50 g fresh berries.
- If using frozen berries, heat them with the porridge.
Low carb grain bread with avocado
1 small loaf of bread (4 servings).
150 g ground almonds, 60 g ground linseeds, 40 g ground chia seeds, 60 g roughly chopped walnuts, 60 g mixed nuts, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 280 ml water, 1 tsp fruit vinegar.
- Preparation (the day before):
Blend the ingredients, except for the water and fruit vinegar, ideally well with a food processor (food processor). Bring the water to the boil and add the fruit vinegar. Then add to the remaining ingredients, mix well, form a loaf and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
If you wish, you can decorate the top with walnuts and then bake at approx. 180° C for 90 minutes at top/bottom heat. It is best to test the bread by tapping it before removing it from the oven to check that it is done. Then leave to cool so that the bread is ready for your breakfast.
Avocado topping (4 portions)
- Grind 1 tbsp pistachio seeds, 1 tsp sesame seeds and 1 tsp coriander seeds in a mortar until large. Halve 2 avocados, remove the pit and loosen the flesh. Cut the flesh into slices and sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- Now cover the bread with avocado and sprinkle with your prepared topping. Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Delicious, light and digestible
300 g carrots, 1 onion, 1 piece of ginger (approx. 2-3 cm), 2 tsp oil, 300 ml vegetable stock, juice of half an orange, salt, pepper, paprika powder.
- Peel the carrots, onion and ginger. Cut the onion and carrot into pieces, chop the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the carrots, onion and ginger.
- Deglaze with stock and simmer for about 20 minutes. Puree the soup, add the orange juice and bring to the boil briefly – season with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
- Kohlrabi fries
1 large kohlrabi, approx. 75 ml oil for frying, herb salt.
- Cut the kohlrabi in half and then into sticks about 1 cm thick.
- Heat about 75 ml oil in a high pan (or deep fryer) and deep fry the kohlrabi fries until golden brown.
- Remove and drain briefly on kitchen paper – then mix in a bowl with some herb salt.
- By the way… for all non-vegans, the fries also go very well with fish and meat dishes.